Tuesday, May 4, 2010

And now you just pulled landscaping duty

My children never tire. They don't take naps. They run, run some more, then run faster. They play at parks by themselves and with friends. They do not, under penalty of time out, ever stop. And then at the end of the day, they still have time to fight me on bed time. Lore & Bryn are great about going to bed, they just talk to each other all night. Last night we busted them at 9:30p. They now have a long list of chores for tomorrow. (Today was just too busy to fit in chores. Yeah, that crazy of a day.) And Ava & Morgan are little escape artists that don't give up till around 8 or 9p every night. We had to shut off the circuit breaker to their room (zero light) and reverse lock their door. At first Ava needed a "magic key" to pick the lock. Magic keys are an assortment of flat toys she finds in her room. Now she can do it with her mind. Seriously, there's no stopping her. Between her computer skills and mischief, she would make a great hacker or spy. Ava Rae, child spy. It has a nice ring to it.
Maybe I should list her services on Craigs List.

I need the pool to open. 4 more weeks. The pool is their cryptonite. They saw logs after 2-3 hours in the pool. Almost there. almost there. (Pull up, there's too many of them...yeah, I've been married to aaron too long.)

3 comments:

Alys said...

Oh Brooke, I hear how crazy your girls are and wonder what I am getting myself into starting out with a boy. And, Sean is convinced we will have all boys. Good thing we will love on lots of land and have dogs. The kids can go play outside.

RC Cola said...

what a crack up. I will have to remember some of those tricks for keeping them in their rooms. can't wait to see you soon.

Sunny said...

At least you have the fabulous pool in 4 weeks. So jealous. I would live there with you everyday of the summer.