Tuesday, April 27, 2010

You cuss'n with me?

We are officially getting a dog. The money has been laid down. German (huge hyper) short hair. The puppies are only 4 weeks right now, so we have about a month to get doggie-proofed. Let the record show, the dog will not live in the house. And the basement or garage is adequate for the winter.

I give it two days before I start cussing it.
I give Aaron a week. (He loves animals more than me and this is his dog.)

If you think we'll cuss about the dog sooner or later than what I just bet, enter your bet in the comments. Person who gets closest to the actual cussing will win something fabulous (like a scoop of dog barf..I kid, I kid...it'll be better).

It's nuts I know. The kids will love it. But I do not want to scoop poop. uuuuugghhghhghgh. dogs.

5 comments:

jksfam said...

I'm cuss'n for you now (except I really try not to cuss...). That's why I say we're not getting a pet until it won't poo or pee, or shed, or... I hope it goes well for you, though!

Alys said...

I give you the first day, and Aaron the second. That dog is going to chew something or dig something and Aaron will freak. JB was a pretty good puppy, mostly chewed her bed and occasionally Sean's boots, but Calli chewed all kinds of things like the bottom of the kitchen cabinets.
And, I think the garage or basement are fine for the winter. Get a dogloo, those things make it really warm.

Sunny said...

I can't believe it! I give you 3 hours before you start to cuss. That's plenty of time for novelty to wear off and the thing to pee or poop in your house. Or scratch your floor or furniture. Good Luck!

Amber King said...

Oh boy. I give you an hour to start regretting the decision, but I'm going to say 5 hours before the actual cussing starts. And I predict actual tears on the second day. Good Luck!

Megan Favero said...

i predict the second day for you. a week for aaron.
yes, finals are over and i survived. i DO want to come to colorado, and i'm conjuring up something to come out soon. it can't be until after my recital on may 22nd.
and tell aaron i wrangle on every day all day.
oh i just love that you're getting a dog, brooke! i never thought it would happen. ever!