Thursday, May 14, 2009

you say it's your birthday, it's my birthday too

thirty-four.

yikes, I'm climbing the charts. On our ride to school this morning, Lauren was quite concerned that I didn't have loads of presents and balloons waiting for me at breakfast. "Don't you wish you were a kid and got lots of presents and toys? [thinking] Well I guess adults get to go on dates till really late, and they can have extra dessert if they want it and they get to snitch. That's not so bad."

I think it's a pretty good deal. Aaron comes home tonight from a trip and we have plans for tomorrow and then on Saturday I get to escape: haircut, and then a magical trip to B&N with a fat gift certificate.

So what's on the menu for today:
Buying paint. I finally figured out what I want to do with Morgan and Ava's room. It is going to be purple, let's hope I chose wisely.

Cleaning up for book club. Yup, I'm hosting tomorrow and I need to mop. (It is a birthday miracle. ) We read The #1 Ladies Detective Agency. It was light and enjoyable but towards the end I felt like I had watched an African Murder She Wrote marathon. I'm still trying to figure out how it is literary and not commercial, like it claims it is. Maybe book club will provide some insight.

Beating my children. No. But I kinda wanted to after yesterday. They were hell cats. I begged them to be good today...so far, okay.

Buying a cake. Not for my birthday but for Lauren's school carnival. I'm sure they want homemade, but I'm not in the mood.

I know, it's a birthday wish list of to-dos. I am one lucky cat. May I (and anyone I come into contact with) survive the day.

1 comment:

Cami said...

I hope you had a great day! I love reading your blogs and getting a peek at what you're up to.