Friday, February 19, 2010

do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?

It is friday but it feels like Monday. The girls had both monday and tuesday off of school, so last weekend we went to Utah. (Sorry Utah friends, we only had time for family and snowboarding.) It was a fun weekend. And little Lore and Bryn tore it up on the slopes. I think we've officially graduated from the bunny lift. Of which a nice kid from Ghana took me and Bryn out getting off the lift. I've got a sweet bruise as a souvenir. It was a fun weekend of grandparents, cousins, aunts, and uncles. Good times. Good times.

So we return to life that started like a Monday but it was Wednesday and yesterday felt the same. And today still feels like a Monday. The girls are definitely thrown off because I'm fighting to get stuff done. I'm ready to scrap the week and start over. It probably doesn't help that Aaron has been in TX and gets back tonight. (Of which, there has been an uncomfortable amount of moving-to-tx jokes around his co-workers. It makes me sick to my stomach just thinking of the possibility.)

I should order a babysitter. I'm sure everyone is taken but I guess I can try.

That's my nutshell. Now I gotta go help Bryn finish her homework.

Percy Jackson sidebar: the movie was a complete failure. Except for the casting, that was pretty good.

Hunger Games sidebar: I just swam through this book and its sequel this week. So good. Brutal, but gooood. Aaron is reading it now, and while he's having trouble putting it down he claims he's not feeling it because he doesn't like reading through a girl's eyes. For being the type of man that he is, it is ironic that he has all girls. Brings a smile to my smug spiteful face.

2 comments:

Sunny said...

Sad we missed you once again. But I know my kids had fun seeing you. Can't wait to read Hunger Games...just need to go buy it...the library waiting list is too long.

Cami said...

sounds so fun! Glad you were able to have a fun weekend - even if it does throw the scheduling off.