Yesterday I took kids + friends for a walk to the reservoir. As we were rounding up friends, I asked Bryn if she wanted to wear her boots (cuz we still have lots of snow) or her tennis shoes. She thought for a minute and said she wanted to wear her "Fancy Nancy" shoes because she can run fast in them and she wanted to be fast.
Later, when we were walking along the trail, the older girls thought it was awesome to run ahead which made it harder for Bryn and Becca to keep up. Bryn eventually became frustrated and yelled to Lauren to wait up. The older girls stopped and Becca took off to catch up. Just before Bryn ran after her, I saw Bryn looking down at her feet and then I heard her say out loud to herself, "Why aren't these things working?"
Faster shoes are such a magical thing.
Which inspired an idea for a story that I storyboarded the rest of the way to the park. It is the manuscript I'm going to finish this year: The Faster Shoes [a modern retelling of Jack and the Beanstalk]. Thanks Bryn. I already have the first page done and want to enter it into a contest for this month.
2 comments:
I really miss funny kid stories from teaching. I am glad you post them of your kids. They give me a good laugh. I love Bryn!
I remember getting new shoes and thinking that I could run faster.
I love that Bryn said it out loud for you to hear. Hilarious.
Post a Comment