Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I got nothing

oh my head is full of Fluffy Stuff Cotton Candy today (which I have never had until this weekend; it is a Jonathan favorite and I can see why: it is mildly delightful.)

It was Ava's birthday this weekend and, of course, it snowed 2 feet on Saturday. The day I had left to go get presents, cake, balloons, etc. And of course Aaron was in the mountains for some event so I had to drag the kids with me. I had to rock out of my driveway because the snow was so deep. The Commander almost high-centered in a couple of spots. And if you didn't drive in the grooves: hosed. Amazingly, it wasn't a bad outing; the kids behaved themselves and the roads were empty for obvious reasons.

As a general rule for my kids' birthdays, I decorate the house in streamers, balloons, giant signs, etc as a surprise when they wake up on their birthday. The kids know that I do this but the anticipation of a transformed kitchen/living room always excites them. Ava, Lore, and Bryn couldn't get to sleep till 9p--I caught them occasionally peaking from the balcony. Still, the next morning Ava's eyes lit up when she saw it. I can't believe she's three. Time seems to be jetting by.

Aaron came home Sunday morning from Copper, and then left for Oklahoma on Monday. He gets home tonight. The girls are really missing him. Luckily, he doesn't have to go anywhere until next Monday and then it is just a day trip. It seems like he is traveling a ton but I need to remind myself of Ogio where I didn't see Aaron for almost 2 months straight. It is all relative right?

I have my writer's group on Thursday, that will be a nice break. And then we're going to have a bunch of friends over on Saturday (kids and all), we'll see how it goes. In theory, it should be fun.

oH, so I'm not much for facebook. But I keep my profile up to connect with people that I love. This week, I have connected with all my girlfriends from High School minus 2. I haven't talked to many of them in twelve years. It is fun to see where their life has taken them. Too many good times with those girls.

What I hate about facebook: being tagged in the most unforgivable pictures. I'm reliving days of perm, high pants, goofiness, and all around bad hair/makeup days. These are not good things. So I should untag myself from all of them, but I don't. I should, but somehow it is a therapeutic stripping of vanity. Although, I just bought a ton of makeup (so maybe I'm overcompensating).

Alright, enough dumping. I'm going to go run. I need to make up for last week (I only ran 6 miles total). Six more weeks till I'm living in a bathing suit. chow.

No comments: