Tuesday, December 2, 2008

it's not in my nature to be mysterious, but I can't talk about it and I can't talk about why

Thanksgiving has ended and the Faveros have all gone home. It was a good holiday--lots of playing and little sleeping. I think we also clearly established that my political views are not the same as my in-laws. But I think we still love each other and no one is wounded.

Kiersten destroyed us with the Thanksgiving Armpit Challenge and now my pits are smooth again.

I have now officially cooked all of thanksgiving. This is a huge milestone that announces that I'm old. Seriously, I did it all: turkey, stuffing, potatoes, yams, cranberries, veg, pies, etc. OK, I had a bit of help from Margaret, but I planned, bought, and prepared 95% of the meal...and now I just feel old and whithered. It was a lot of work for just an hour of eating. But now I know, and knowing is half the battle.

No comments: