Sunday, December 7, 2008

I want to go to there

I returned a bit unwillingly last night from New York. It was an incredible break from being a mom. Jen had never been to New York, so she had an entire itinerary planned from the moment we checked into the hotel. And I think I can successfully say that I saw everything worth seeing in New York. Here's a quick hit of the highlights (before I forget): Getting smashed in front of the tree at Rockefeller Center (seriously, I've never been to a concert that was that smashing...literally.), ice skating in central park, devouring dessert at Serendipity, buying a hot/knock-off purse in a basement in Chinatown, getting the DL from Yoko Ono's doorman, catching a brilliant Van Gogh exhibit at MoMA, touching the Temple of Dendar (ok, I might be forgetting how to spell that) at the Met, eating pain au chocolat in central station, flipping through bizarre coloring books at the united nations (seriously though, what kid wants to color a picture of scientists working to cure aids?), walking two blocks in raging high stilettos, and eating a slice at Lombardi's pizza. Shew and that's just the highlights. It was a great trip and now I'm suffering a bit of post-vacation blues. Hopefully by Friday, I'll accept my return to routine.

Last Lecture sidebar: so I read this gem on the plane. I bawled and bawled. His poor wife. Anyway, I learned from it that I have two walls to conquer right now and I'm pretty confident that I can.

2 comments:

Cami said...

I'm envious of your trip - so fun and you so deserve it!

Adam said...

I love 30 Rock. I can't get Natalie to watch it though.