Friday, February 22, 2008

confessions of a recovering nerd

As a recovering nerd (four years working with computer engineers will contaminate anyone), I guess I fought having a blog because it would somehow resurface my nerdish sublayer. But I think this will help me embrace that sublayer, it does have some good points. For example: I believe in science. Not in a testimony-breaker sort of way, I just love learning about all sorts of sciences.

Anyway, it occured to me last night after I began this blog that in order to utlize the blog for what it will be to me, I must admit something: I am a blog stalker. Not a true blog stalker because I don't read blogs at all...except for two. Well that doesn't really make me a stalker, right? I feel like I am because I don't even know these people. To be fair, I did talk to one of these people many years ago when I applied for a job with http://www.webmonkey.com . Her name is Evany, she was an Editor at webmonkey and I thought she was funny...she posted her blog http://www.evany.com from webmonkey, so I don't feel entirely dirty reading her blog for the past few years. The other person I secretly stalked was http://www.bluishorange.com. I found her because I originally wanted her web address and when it was taken I decided to check it out...I was sucked in.

To be fair to myself, I haven't looked at their blogs in over a year. So I feel I am in recovery. Although, now that I've linked to them, I'm tempted to peek.

No comments: