Friday, August 6, 2010

I am a passenger on the spaceship Earth

Christian is married to Amy. Aaron's brother finally did it. Hence the trip to Utah. The wedding was a couple of weeks ago now and it was a blur of excitement and family. We got there on a Thursday and stayed through the weekend plus another week. And yet it was a fury blast of fun everyday. As I was recapping the wedding/favero weekend for my parents, my parents were blown away from all the stuff we did in such a short time. Faveros love fun. And they pack it on. When I was first married, I needed a vacation to recover from Favero vacations. But now I'm use to it. Here is the whirlwind:

Wed Night (the pre-story gives context)
We left Denver at 7p for our Northern route drive to Utah. (We left at 7 because Aaron had got home from the airport at 5p.)
1 am we stop at Little America in Wyoming.
Ava, from a bad wake up in the car, refuses to go potty and go to bed.

Thursday
8a: We're back on the road.
9:30a: Morgan begins puking and doesn't stop till we get to my parents house. She tossed over ten times. Morgan and car rides don't mix.
10:30a: We stop at Brugge Waffle & Frites in SLC for Gauffes.
11:30a: Finally settled in Highland at the parents (who were in Yellowstone) and negotiated with Bryan on what we do next.
1p: Scera pool with Bryan, Jamie & kids.
4p: Showers for all.
5p: Hit Utah County rush hour on our way to the wedding dinner.
6p: Wedding dinner at the Sky Room with loads of family and friends.
9:30p: Finally leave Sky Room...tired kids in tow.
11p: lights out kids.

Friday
8a Out the door to go to wedding in new draper temple.
8:30 swap kids into flower girl dresses
9a: wedding. beautiful.
10a ish: pictures. it is heating up. Morgan is melting down.
11a: head to Provo for family lunch.
1p ish: scramble around to create a honeymoon kit for Christian and Amy.
4p: head back to Provo to hang with family.
7p: reception at Springville Art Museum...so fun. They had a lemon theme. So all the desserts were lemon inspired. Delicious.
10:30p: leave reception.
11:30p: lights out kids.
(Aaron and I plan to hang out but we pass out on couches.)

Saturday
(we 86ed the Days of 47 parade...it was close, we almost got up at 6a for this.)
9 or 10a: Head to Snowbird to do Alpine slides. The kids loved this. We didn't realize Snowbird had so much to do for families in the summer. Zip lines, trails, bungee tramps, rock climbing, rope courses, etc.
2p: We skip lunch and go to Nelson's Frozen Custard in SLC. (This is a long standing Favero tradition.)
3p: Brugge Waffles & Frites. Blazing hot sun, hot waffles, hot frites...not the most pleasant. Grannie suggested we go over to Pioneer Park to eat because at least there was shade. I rarely say no to my Mother-in-law, but there was no hesitation this time. She wasn't aware of the Pioneer Park culture.
4p: head to Provo to hang.
5p: Bowling at BYU and games in the lounge.
7:30p: Dinner at the Creamery on Ninth.
9p: Hug Faveros good bye.
10p: lights out kids.

Sunday:
We took Aaron to the airport to fly home to Denver. He had high adventure with the YM the following week. So the kids and I decided to hang in Utah another week.

Thus concludes the Favero Wedding/Family Weekend. Tons of fun, tons of tired. Good times, good times.

3 comments:

Alys said...

I am glad you linked to Morgan's melt down pic. It was so funny, I couldn't resist taking a picture.

And, I have decided road trips are so much more fun with more kids, right? Hahaha!

jksfam said...

Try chewable Dramamine for Morgan!

Erin said...

I'm exhausted just reading the about the weekend. I think I'll go take a nap.