So in my quest for sophisticated casual, I was reflecting on our recent trip to Utah (post coming soon) and I realized I have encounter a said sophisticated casual dining experience...not a restaurant but an item purchased at The Brugge Waffles & Frites (300 S. SLC, across from Pioneer [ghetto] Park). In the blazing hot sun, we had ordered San Pellegrino Aranciata (orange). Delicious and sophisticated. But served in a can. Casual.
I'm definitely on to something.
Lore sidebar: She loves to help me cook. Yesterday we made honey-lime chicken (BBQ) green beans, and low-fat, low-cal lemon bars (to die for). She's decided that now she wants to be a chef.
Entrepreneur sidebar: (I'm full of these ideas.) Chef school in Provo. So the aspiring chefs with good values can study with the best but still surround themselves with great kids. Provo lacks one. I'm willing to take on the challenge. So Venture Capitalists out there: lend me your money and I'll spin you an incredible business plan.
today sidebar: Morgan and Ava woke up with the stomach flu. At one point I was holding two buckets under two retching heads. It is going to be a great day.
2 comments:
When you're done dealing with puke, can I have the lemon bar recipe? :)
I'll talk with Jonathan about the culinary school in Provo...he knows people...and he totally wants me to go to one...great idea!
Post a Comment